1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Chip Pro 2 HD install setup

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by octhrope, Jun 7, 2007.

1. octhrope

octhrope Member

I have a v7 ps2 and just installed a Crystal Chip pro 2 sle into it. I have the $ony ps2 network adapte and hd. how do set it up to install games to the hd and run them from there?

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

You need to download HDLoader and install it to Memory Card/CC flash.

3. octhrope

octhrope Member

hdloader never installs for me. am i making the image incorrectly? if anyone could be so kind as to give me the steps it would be awesome. thanks.

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well... the guy who soldered my crystal chip 2.0 SLE also as a bonus installed HDLoader 8b and it worked... but since then i have formatted my DFFS... I also have trouble installing and running PS2 apps...

5. octhrope

octhrope Member

actually that helps, i found this site that has 8b. i dint really look to hard at it but im glad i book marked it.

well it seems to be a common problem with thios new chip - apps are hard to install or make work. thanks for your help OmriSama, hopefully others will have more solutions

6. octhrope

octhrope Member

ok heres what io got so far.

i got the HDLoader 8B - HD Image from the site mentioned previously.

it boots and you have to swap discs to install games im doing one now but it seems to be working.

the only thing is you cant install it so i guess the disc has to be lefty in. IE boot from loader disc to play games of hd.

7. octhrope

octhrope Member

so does anyone know how to format the disc, create the image, or the steps it takes to install a hdd loader to the cc flash?

8. yojacks

yojacks Member

get the BM mega pack it should have HDL in it and put in on a cd or usb pen drive and use the application manager to copy it onto the cc flash or memory card.

9. yojacks

yojacks Member

Oh and the reason i say BM mega pack is because it's already in the CC format so it will most likely work. i got it from the CC wiki when it was up but i think sksapps.com has it too.