1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS:CZ slow connecting to server after updating to SP2

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Spider323, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi, I looked throught google but I couldn't find anyone else who was wxperiencing this problem. Im running a cable internet connection (optimum online) and when I try connecting to server on Counter-strike Condition Zero it takes around 23 seconds. Before I upgraded to service pack 2 it used to take around 7 seconds. I also noticed when it tries to download files such as .wav files from the servers it takes longer than it used to. I am pretty sur ethis is caused by something in service pack 2 because with service pack1 i had no pproblems. And no i dont have any p2p programs open. Thank You for any help I will recieve.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try uninstalling sp2 to see if resolves problem as others have had problems with different things

3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Uhhm thanks for your reply but I kinda like sp2 and really don't want to uninstall it is there any other way I can check what the problem may be? Thanks again for your reply!

4. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Ok sp2 wasnt causing problem after i updated to sp2 and reinstalled steam i feogot to change my connection speed from 28.8 kbs to lan/t1 i di this and wala 4 secs to connect omg this is great dl and everything fast again yeah ok why the hell they put that connection speed anyway?
    WHATEER thanks anyway!

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn