1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSO. Files On A PSP With 3.03oe-c Firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by zacdowen, Apr 6, 2007.

1. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

I have a PSP with a custom firmware of 3.03oe-c on it. I have downloaded a game called Ford Street Racing that is in a cso. format. I am having trouble playing the game it is not showing up on my memory stick at all. I need a step by step guide of what to do with the cso. file and any settings that have to be changed.

Thank You
    Zac

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

Please use the search button this question is asked at least 10 times a day.
    just to get you started make an iso folder on the root of your mem stick and put it in that

3. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

i have searched and searched and cannot find a thread that provides a definitive soloution to my problem.

I have a PSP with firmware 3.03oe-c
    I have downloaded a 200mb Ford Street Racing Game in a cso. format
    I have formatted my Memory Stick and created a folder called ISO
    I have dragged and dropped my cso. game into the folder.
    I go to the game menu and under memory stick it says ''there are no games''

all i want to know is why the game wont even show up. If the game showed up but wouldn't play i have found a thread that seems to have diagnosed the problem for a number of people.

Please Help

4. fultonla

fultonla Guest

make sure you extract it from the .rar file the format you pobably downloaded it in.

if you haven't done that download the program winrar use google to find that.

if that doesn't work maybe it is a bad iso or somethin

5. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

done all of that ive got the bare cso. file its realling fu**ing me off now ive spent hours on this

6. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

Ok, panice over iv'e done it YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Turns out that when i ran the installation file onto the memory stick pro duo for the firmware upgrade 3.03oe-c i was supposed to leave all the files on there. Where i went wrong was that i formatted the memory stick and then put the game on meaning the psp wouldn't even pick it up. So i extracted the custom firmware onto my memory stick again and there you go it worked. Thanks for everyones support on this anyway.

Thanks Greatly
    Zac Dowen

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

It may be working now but your post is nonsense I'm afraid. You do not need any files on your memory stick after upgrading. Whatever the reason for it working is, thats not it.

8. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

O Right OK. But thats the only thing that i found that was stopping it working. Just to make sure it was that i formatted my memory stick again and just dragged the cso. file into the ISO folder and it did not work. I suppose its whatever works best for you.

Thanks Anyway
    Zac

9. fultonla

fultonla Guest

the iso folder is not in the psp folder right?
    it should be like x:\ISO\cso file

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

now put a UMD in ur psp & go to recovery>>config.>>

& disable noUMD mode....should work fine after that, if not...then you have your cso in a subfolder or its a bad rip...

11. zhong

zhong Member

Hi Zac,im experiencing e same prob. Jus gt a new memo stick and i cant get e iso running. What do u mean by "So i extracted the custom firmware onto my memory stick again and there you go it worked"? what's suppose to b extracted, can u elaborate?

12. zacdowen

zacdowen Member

Hi zhong, i just need to know a few things before i continue.

What Firmware are you using?
    What file format is the game in?

If you are using Firmware 3.03OE-c then take your installer file and extract the files to your mem stick again using the following root.
    MS/PSP/GAME/UPDATE once you have done this you should get two files come up in the Game menu under your mem stick on your PSP. One will be a red file containing the update and one will say corrupted data.

If this is so go back to your mem stick again on your PC and make a folder called ISO in the root of it
    MS/ISO <<< Place the game in this folder and put the mem stick back in the PSP. If you go back into game now your game should be there.

You may need to change some of the settings on your PSP however.
    To do this make sure you turn your PSP on when it was fully turned off. While it is coming on hold down the right shoulder button on your psp.

Once in there go to configuration,
    Make sure the gamefolder homebrew is set at (Kernal 1.50)
    And make sure the Use No-UMD setting is set at disabled.

Restart the PSP and it should work.
    Hope this works for you.
    Zac

13. moose528

moose528 Member

OK i have tried all this and am still having the same problems the iso is good i tried converting to cso followed the directions on all sites that i could find and still nothing i am tired of the USE THE SEARCH BUTTON COMMENTS ive been searching for days now and no results but i have psp 3.03oe-c 2gb ms and connt get my isos to show up at all and yes i have it in the iso folder i would love to find out what i need to do like the first guy but i tried the above but no results anyways some help would be very much appreciated thanks in advance