1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cso problem on 3.4 oe

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by AlphaXero, Jul 5, 2007.

1. AlphaXero

AlphaXero Member

Hi, i am trying to run the ratchet and clank size matters .cso files on my psp v3.4 oe system. I've tried it with and without a umd in the bay and with and without using devhook. the same thing always happens it appears to load, then either does 1 of 2 things.

1.will stay blank for a while then turn itself off.

2.Will stay blank, the memory card read light goes off and it just stays that way (i can press buttons like home and they work whereas with the other one the system would just turn off on its own in a few seconds without me being able to do anything.

I've been reading for a long time and i cant figure out whats wrong. Please help.

Edit: Also, i get these same two errors with my darkstalkers ISO dont know if its a related problem or not...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. zegame

zegame Regular member

okay first of all wrong forum.

but since you are here what the hell:

it may be a bad cso file or most likely try playing around in your recovery menu (press R when opening psp)
    tell me if that helped

3. AlphaXero

AlphaXero Member

ive played around in there, but i dont really know what to mess with, i changed the no need umd thing so i dont need umd's but other than that i dont know what to do. my Darkstalkers does the same thing, and i made that iso myself so it should be good. its actually getting the 2nd error non stop now, no more shutting off just not doing anything.

Edit: Should i re-post in correct thread?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. MD80

MD80 Member

hi had the same problem with csos and iso just go into recovery and change the setting for the game folder from 3.40 to 1.50 and put the games in the 1.50 folder thats it

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@AlphaXero-if you are using 3.40OE-there is no need for devhook-

Here is what you need to do:
    1)go to your system settings-scroll to restore default settings and select that.
    2)format your memory stick while you are at it-(be sure to backup any precious data first)-this will also create the proper folders for you.
    3)once you have done both of those things, go into your recovery console-you mentioned you have been in there, so I assuming that you know how to access it-scroll to CPU speed, and for both options (XMB & UMD/ISO) select either 300 or 333mhz for your clockspeed-(Ratchet & Clank needs at least 300mhz to run properly)-this will not harm your PSP by doing this-the only drawback is decreased battery life. Once you are done,hit back to bring you to the main menu, then exit to save your settings..
    4)Now that you have setup your PSP for optimal performance-you can now place your cso/iso's into the ISO folder in the root of your memory stick (not in the GAME folder as mentioned earlier*MD80*)

Should this not work for you-your problem then lies with the iso itself (corrupted)

Let us know how this turns out for you...

***MODS, Please move this thread to the MOD and Firmware discussion***

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007