1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.cso saves working with .iso games?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TomasSan, May 24, 2007.

1. TomasSan

TomasSan Member

FIRST POST!!!

This is a cool Site. Thanks for being around.

Ill make it quick. I was playing my current favorite RPG game that was a .cso and at some point it kept freezing on me so I used the .iso version instead. The actual file names arent the same though (I believe the .iso version filename has no spaces). The game works great.

However,I cannot load the game save. It just doesnt recognize anything. I dont have my USB cable on me at the moment so I cant look into the card directly to see if its a matter of changing the file name or not. In a few hours I'll be able to

Any thoughts?

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

It does not matter if the game is in iso or cso format. what does matter is what is the version of the game. = US, EURO and JPN game saved do not work together. Each game uses a unique predetermined save game identifier.

Best bet is to try and find another image that is the same region as the first image you were using.

PS, whats the RPG? :)

3. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

hmm u have two copies of the game? o...k

well im actually not too sure whats wrong really...?

erm... what game is it?

if you have a english ver and a spanish ver but play in english

if uj r english obviously the saves dont work... for instance gta:lcs i have a english ver from uk (where i live) i tried gettin a save file for it.. i did it was from usa ver and myne didnt load so i dunno my friend sorry i could nt help good luck

4. TomasSan

TomasSan Member

MUNKY - shhhh ;)

the .cso is EUR and I think the .iso is ENG...oh well...back to the beginning....

Throne of Agony btw. Its not a bad little game...

5. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i wasnt shouting? lol

6. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

@TomasSan:
    Why not just uncompress the CSO back to an ISO? There are plenty of compression/decompression utilites out there for CSO/ISO.

~Rich