1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS Encryption effects

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Shark928, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Shark928

Shark928 Guest

this is probably a stupid question but does anyone know: if I am using a prog like dvd43 that "overrides" CCS enrcyption, will it write the CSS to the backup if it is not decrypted and just burned through nero? Thanks for any responses.

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

Not 100% sure on what you mean but:

You cant just copy a DVD with Nero due to the Copyright Protection, thefore you need a program to unlock this so you can copy it.

When you make a backup with DVD43, DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter etc it will Remove the protection and not write it to Disc, therefore THEN you can do a copy just using Nero.

If this isnt what you mean, could you please advise.

CJC

3. Shark928

Shark928 Guest

Right it won't let you just copy it with the protection, but with dvd43, it runs in the background and you never even have to decrypte because it automaticaly, in no time at all so nero will allow it to be copied as soon as you put in the disc. So without actually manualy decrypting it with shrink or something else, do you think it will write ths css, or should I run it through a decrypter anyway?
    Its nice to know I'm not the only one up this late too. Thanks.

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

Im not sure, but remember a DVD 99% of the time is more then 4.7G therefore it needs to be compressed to fit on the disc anyway.

So yes you are best to Decrypt first then burn, then you run into less problems.

CJC

PS in Oz its only 9pm atm

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

There is no consumer software available to 'write' the CSS encryption keys to the files.(to my knowledge anyway).

Each file has a 'key' attached to it, this key has to be decoded in order for the file to be read.
    What Dvd Shrink/Dvd Decrypter do is to read this key and remove it.
    These process leaves the files without the key - therefore decrypting it.

Again, in order for the files to be transferred to your harddrive, the key HAS to be read AND removed.

dvd43/Dvd Shrink and Dvd Decrypter suit this purpose perfectly...............................