1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

css problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by moulder, Feb 17, 2004.

1. moulder

moulder Member

i am trying to back up a movie from region 1 but not having much luck. i have anydvd 3.3.2.1 running and have tried backing it up with nero dvdxcopy dvd decrypter ( also dosnt help that i have to shrink it first)but it keeps saying dvd encrypted constant scambling system (css) any ideas what this is and how to get round it. i dont suppose there is a tool like any dvd to run in the back ground. any help would be appriciated thanks

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

you say dvd decrypter failed to back the dvd up?? is it a new title because I have yet to find a dvd that it fails to back up try to back up the dvd without that 'any dvd' what ever it is running
    DVD Decrypter should get around the css issue
    DaOsT

3. moulder

moulder Member

when i rip it with dvd decrypter it rips it to a rar file i open and extract the file to the same folder but when i try to shrink it with dvd shrink it wont find the files am i doing somthing stupid with dvd decrypter ive checked the settings but cant see anything wrong thanks

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

ok ok yeah your doing something a lil strange when you installed winrar did you allow it to open vob files?.....right click on a file and try n open it with windows media player if that works try n open it all the time you want to open such a file
    or try win dvd
    first thing I think of

5. moulder

moulder Member

all sorted now thanks used dvd region free dvd shrink and burnt with nero thanks very much