1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTF LOADER CANNOT RUN ERROR MESSAGE?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tripplite, Jun 3, 2007.

1. tripplite

tripplite Guest

So what every task or or action i commad my computer to do it does without delay or issue, only i get an eroor message "CTF Loader has encountered a problem and needs to close". So although it doesn't effect me i would like to find out how to repair this. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

The CTF loader appears to be part of MS Office and relates to ctfmon.exe. You can uncheck ctfmon.exe from loading using msconfig but it will come back as a startup program. Found the following link that explains about CTFMON and how to turn it off.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;282599

Pay particular attention to this area:

"Removing the Ctfmon.exe might cause problematic behavior in your Office XP programs, so removing it is not recommended. To prevent Ctfmon.exe from running, follow these steps.

Step 1: Uninstall Alternative User Input
    To uninstall the alternative user input feature, set the installation state to Not Available in Office XP Setup

Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP:
    1. Quit all Office programs.
    2. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. NOTE: In Windows XP, click Start and then click Control Panel.

3. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.NOTE: In Windows XP, click Add or Remove Programs.

4. In the Currently installed programs list, click to select Microsoft Office XP product, where Office XP product is the name of the specific Office product being used. If you are using a standalone version of one of the Office programs, click to select the appropriate product in the list. Click Change.
    5. In the Maintenance Mode Options dialog box, select Add or Remove Features, and then click Next. This displays the Choose installation options for all Office applications and tools dialog box.
    6. Click the plus sign (+) next to Office Shared Features to expand it.
    7. Click the icon next to Alternative User Input, and then select Not Available.
    8. Click Update.
    NOTE: If you have multiple Office XP products installed, for example, Office XP Professional and Publisher 2002, you must repeat the preceding steps for each installed product."

There's a couple other pertinent links that I found here:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/micros...post662584.asp

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Yup. We use it because my GF is learning Spanish so we have the Spanish spell and grammar checks in Word.