1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cubesoft Phoenix v2.50 Streaming Problems: Lagged Game

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by CAR8624, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Hey - I successfully rip games with BBA with PSO. However when using Cubesoft Phoenix v2.50 to stream .GCM or .ISO, game lags every so often that sometimes I would rather use the original [instead of backups]. Is there anyway to fix this?

I know that some key factor that will help reduce lagginess when streaming a Gamecube backup [.GCM or .ISO]. It depends on the following:

DOL Loader Settings
    -PSOLoad
    -PSUL
    GC Loader
    -ACL 1.2
    -ACL 1.3
    -ACL 1.4
    -GCL 1.0
    -MGS Loader
    -GC Simulator
    PC Server
    -Standard PC Server
    -Phoenix PC Server
    -CGC PC Server

-So it will take 36 possibilites to finally figure out which game will work best with. Is there any suggestion or is it totally different per game?

-Also there is the Disc Swap options. Will that help reduce the streaming [lagging] problems? How does it work?

-While browsing through the options under Default Loader Settings, you could change the Delay, Frequency, and Cache. Should I leave those settings alone or could it be change to solve these streaming problems?

-Is the NIC I'm using be the problem? The router? If so please list what is recommended for GCN streaming.

I have more questions - but these are the most important. Please do not tell me that Viper is better than PSO Streaming [because I do know it is better] - I am inexperienced in soldering things.

=>CAR8624

2. Moddie

Moddie Member

I normally use GCL 1.0 and GCsimulator they work pretty good.

3. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I've heard there is a program for this to fix the ISO instead?

4. Arch26

Arch26 Member

-While browsing through the options under Default Loader Settings, you could change the Delay, Frequency, and Cache. Should I leave those settings alone or could it be change to solve these streaming problems?

This is something i have been trying to find out... does this work like a Freeloader that you don't have to worry about it not being from your region? or does this still pretain to loading the isos from you HDD?

For ex. Would i be able to use this and Naruto GNT3 without a freeloader so long as i am able to use the swap disc feature from phoenix?

5. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I have got some games to work perfectly(Mario kart DD, Luigi's mansion, Zelda FSA) when i putted cache to 80 and leave other settings untouched. but here is add-ons to phoenix'es database, it's updating all the time:
    http://www.gamecube-scene-germany.info/