1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cucusoft iPod video converter + DVD to iPod converter Videos "skipping"

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Artdragon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Artdragon

Artdragon Newbie

I use cucusoft ipod video converter + DVD to iPod converter suite to rip dvds to my hard drive. I've been using it for about 10 years but recently, when I play the video back, it "jumps" or "skips". Not like a physical DVD does when it encounters a deep scratch when playing. It's just the video playback itself that skips. The audio is fine and plays smoothly as if nothing is wrong. But it's almost like the video is trying to keep up with the audio, maybe? I'm running version 8.8.8.8. with Win7 on a Toshiba Satellite P7555 if that helps with specificity. I don't really recall a certain point at which it started doing this to help figure out what's causing the problem because most times, I'll copy a DVD and not review the video afterwards. I noticed the problem maybe 7-9 months ago when I tried playback of a video I had just ripped.

Anyway, help is greatly appreciated! I prefer this program because it allows me to rip any DVD and I never get a "copyright protected" error message that prevents me from ripping a DVD. I found that problem with AVI4you. (which I downloaded from another user and OP's posts)

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Maybe the original has the skips they can be removed by ripping the disk to files, clean the files up with FixVTS then re-burn the disk. If the skipping is consistent over many disks the burner needs cleaning or replacing.