1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.cue and .bin files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MDSP, Oct 19, 2004.

1. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

what does .cue and .bin files mean???... are these files actually for games???... and can you convert them to a .mds or .iso to i can burn it to dvd??... im new to this kinda stuff...

plezz help

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

3. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

so can i still play the .bin and .cue files on to the playstation2?.. and how do i go about that??... do i need a swap magic??

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you need to burn the files to cdr with a burning software then you need some kind of mod in your ps2 to load the backup(swapmagic/mod chip etc)

5. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

CUE and BIN files are used for CD based games and ISO and MDS files are used for DVD based games.

6. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

what if the DVD game is made smaller so it can fit on a CD-R, i downloaded a game that i own (spiderman 2) and it wont load... just trying to figure out new stuff...

7. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

Hey Whats Up Ashman. Hey i was wondering , have u had any problems with your flip-top, i was told it was off the hook, but ive read some silly crap on this forum about it, anyways how has it workded for your experience?

Thanx

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

spunks3 if that dvd-rip of spiderman2 is over 630mb approx then swapmagic cd wont boot it on its own you need to use breaker pro in conjunction with swap magic to boot dvd-rips that are larger than 630mb