1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current firmware for In-store ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3' started by wiichess, Jul 21, 2011.

1. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Has anyone bought a new ps3 recently and knows what firmware it comes with? I am big fan of the tales series and one of the games which was never release in America is currently being translated(talesofvesperia.net for you were wondering). The patch used requires firmware no higher than 3.55

Hope someone has an answer, would hate to go and buy a ps3 to check the firmware only to go though the trouble of returning it.

Thanks for your help

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Unfortunately the only way to be sure is getting a bundled package you know was released on lower firmware, or as you have said buy it then if it is 3.56+ simply return.

There is no other way to guarantee getting a 3.55 or below console. th eonly other option is wait and hope someone finds the 3.6x keys

3. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Well thanks bigo93, don't know how I feel about getting a bundled package with the old ps3 model, hopefully I can go and pick one up with the firmware.