1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

current version of anydvd 6.1.1.4

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chaseme5, Jan 29, 2007.

1. chaseme5

chaseme5 Member

Can someone please verify that anydvd 6.1.1.4 works properly. I am still having problems with the new update. It use to be a 5 click process to rip a backup. But now for the highly protected dvds released this month, it's really been an involved process. anydvd won't take care of saw 3 by itself. You really have to rip the dvd to your computer, then erase unusable cells, then you have to remap pointers on the menus. Finally you can you can burn your dvd. I thought the update would fix those problems. But for me it did not fix these problems.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I am having good results with this update and I know it fixed some major issues I was having with AnyDVD. Are you using Clone with it to backup? According to SlySoft Clone works best with it and people on their forum have been successful doing S3 with Clone.

3. chaseme5

chaseme5 Member

Kitty66, thank you for responding. Is your version that you backed up the unrated version of saw 3? My problem is with the lastest version of anydvd. Slysoft gave me some work arounds, however, the results were the same. I never had a problem until saw 3. Did you have to uncheck some titlesets to make your backup of saw 3?

4. chaseme5

chaseme5 Member

I currently have the lastest version of anydvd and clonedvd2.

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

You know Saw is WAY TOO GORY for this girl...I can handle trauma after the fact (nurse), but heck, I sure don't want to see it happen!!!!!!!!!!

I have been preparing to do Open Season which is the same type of encryption as Saw3. I almost want to do S3 for the challenge. All of the encoders are using some sort of clean-up on this disk.

I know that http://www.ripit4me.org is supposed to do it with no problems, full disk, and it is a semi automated process. ie you do not have to clean the bad files manually. I know this has worked for many. I also read today that DVDFab's new update will do it. I don't use Fab however, as it conflicts with my system for reasons as yet unknown.

6.1.1.4 should be cruising along just fine. I know it uses the driver from 6.1.1.3, by the way, slysoft states that this is normal and that the fix from 3 to 4 only included things outside of the driver.

Hope this clears things up a little...

6. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

kitty66-
    Can you try to Rip Files to Hard drive using Andvd ripper and see if they open in shrink.
    Can you try to Rip files through clonedvd with quality set to dvd 9, then see if files open in shrink.

7. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Yes, I try running AnyDVD in the background first while processing in Shrink, but sometimes it works better to rip to HD and then process in Shrink.

My secondary is ripit4me. Between those two (barring any system issues) I have been able to back up everything and I think from what aabbccdd has told me (read those posts she knows a lot about the slysoft stuff) yes you can do it with CloneDVD2 to rip to HD as well and if I understand correctly it will give you a better end result TO use 9mode then process in Shrink.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  8. chaseme5

chaseme5 Member

kitty66,

Sorry about the gore, I don't really like gory things either. I understand, since you're a nurse and all. I appreciate your occupation greatly by the way. This was the only flick that I had problems within the last year. Do you have any idea how I can post a screenshot of clonedvd2 so I can show you that anydvd is not up to speed yet? Other member say that they can back up this move with this dynamic duo. This might be true, however there are loops hidden within the menus. Areas where you can not get back to the main menu. I see this as a problem. The fix for a perfect backup for this flick is use ripitforme, then run the video_ts directory through vobblanker 2130 beta, then burn with clonedvd2. This will probally be your best bet for backing up Open Season.

Cheers

9. chaseme5

chaseme5 Member

To everyone.....

I recieved a message from rick1951 and he wrote to slysoft and they sent him this message:

Slysoft AnyDVD email me back and said they do not have a fix for saw3,only by deleting the bad title set manually, all other programs such as dvdfab,DVD Decrypter do this movie fine on the fly,but AnyDVD does not, even 6.1.1.4