1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom firmware on Slim without another psp??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by LordV, Nov 18, 2007.

1. LordV

LordV Member

Hello all,

I am looking at getting a slim psp (because of the tv out feature and the fact that it is slimmer) and i have noticed a lot of threads saying that you need a second already modded PSP in order to upgrade the slim. Is there any way to upgrade it without the second psp? Any links or anything that i have missed will be well appreciated.

Thanks,
    LordV

2. Alfx

Alfx Member

Without a second PSP you will need to do like I did.
    Hardmod a psp battery to make it pandora.
    Or buy a datel tool battery.

That is all.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  3. LordV

LordV Member

Thanks, also, will the Datel battery fit into any psp?

EDIT: PS, what is the easiest route to go to make a MS have all of teh correct data and stuff on it? Is there an easy installer or good tutorial that has been updated for the slim?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=14749

That's the total newbie installer, it will create your Magic MS.
    As for your battery, the Datel TOOL battery will fit in the fat PSP, but if you have a Slim, then use your normal battery that came with the Slim. If you have a battery from the original PSP, then you open your battery and take the 5th pin. I'd recommend the Datel TOOL battery if you can create the magic memory stick.

5. LordV

LordV Member

Sorry, im getting a mixed message from your post, will or will not the Datel battery fit in a slim?

6. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Yes, it will fit in a Slim, but it should stand out a bit.

7. beekermc

beekermc Guest

Hey all, Long time reader first time poster. My question is, if this video here is correct wouldn't it be possible to install custom firmware with only one psp? Or is that just crazy talk?? I just want to find a way to mod this thing without sending it out.

From what i can tell in this thread is seems i can hard mod a slim battery to work. Is this correct? I would rather another way but I figure its better than nothing.