1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sinsaint, Mar 14, 2007.

1. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

Hi, i just bought a brand new xbox system for cheapo £195 (play.com) and want to put my music and some movies onto it but i dont have the hdd, im wondering if i can put my own hdd in/on it.

can it play ripped movies?

if i can install a custom hdd what connection does it use ata100/133 or S-ATA.

a guide would be nice. if not then i can do without, not paying £65 for a 20gb hard drive (talk about rip offs)

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you can, but you need a 360 hard drive to build yours with, you have to use certain files for it to work...

3. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

that sucks, i will probably go cancel my order now, buy a 8800gts instead, truly microsoft should be consumer wise and offer a 10gb hdd for £35 which isnt bad.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its worth it, you can stream music without having to copy anything to your xbox, all you have to do is get windows media player 11 and you can stream photos music and videos

5. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

This implies that the PC graphics card makers are more consumer wise? A new card every 6 months... Not very consumer friendly.

But I do agree, they need to let you upgrade the HDD like you can on the PS3.

6. handsom

handsom Regular member

I'm just happy that it looks like they'll finally be releasing larger drives, probably before the year's end.

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

we can only hope so!