1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom songs for guitar hero and HD loader?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by purefigha, Dec 2, 2007.

1. purefigha

purefigha Member

My brother got an HD loader for our playstation a while ago. It is an old HD loader from like 2003-2005. I am wondering if i can play custom songs in my situation:

I have a fat playstation 2 and it has an HD loader with 14G left but i can make a lot mroe room by deleting unused games. I dont own the actual disk for guitar hero 2 but it is downloaded onto my HD drive. I can still play the game but i dont have the disk. Is it still possible for me to play custom songs if i mod my ps2 without having the disk for guitar hero 2? Also, since i am not very smart with the HD loader what if i got the guitar hero 2 disk and went to my computer to make a new disk with custom songs, is there a way to play the custom songs using the hardrive instead of needing to mod my ps2? Or do i still need a flip top or slide card? Thank you for reading.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you should be able to put a custom GH disc onto the hdd, because you'd have to turn it into an iso before burning onto the disc.

3. purefigha

purefigha Member

ok so once i store the custom songs onto the HDD, i can access them by simply playing the game? or do i still need to do the swap magic thing?

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if you have hdloader and a hdd, you don't need swapmagic. you just play the game. also, you'll want to name it so you can determine which one is the original guitar hero and the custom guitar hero.

people use swapmagic because they're system isn't chipped or doesn't have a hdd installed.

5. purefigha

purefigha Member

Okay thank you, ill try that, if i have any problems ill post again or pm you.