1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut VOB File

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by hautran1, Jun 23, 2002.

1. hautran1

hautran1 Guest

Hi,

If I have a VOB file, for example 500MB, and I want to cut it to 2 parts 200MB & 300MB, what software should I use ?

I believe DVTools can cut only to equal size parts, in this example it would be 250MB which is not what I want.

Any help would be really appreciated.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

It may be possible to do this via SmartRipper, though you will have to have the original DVD. Place the DVD into the drive, then using the "file mode" in SmartRipper, set the file size setting to 300 MB. Then select the 500MB VOB file you want to split, then rip. You should end up with 2 files, 300MB and 200MB.

I've only tried going the other way: making all of the VOBs into one big VOB...

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We all know that TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools crash every now and then, but I still recommend that you try to split the VOB by using TMPGEnc. It can open and split the VOB files just like any other MPEG-1/2 file.