1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cutscenes freezing on my backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xephon, Oct 7, 2004.

1. xephon

xephon Member

i have burnt several games without any coasters, but when i try to run the backup of Shadow Hearts 2, i cannot get past the opening cutscenes.

it keeps totally locking up on me. All the dvds i use are Memorex 4x DVD-r's.

I tried buring it at 4x and 2.4x, and both locked up. I know it is not the image, cus other ppl have tried it and it worked.

2. Drugby

Drugby Member

do away with those treacherous Memorexes...that's the bloody thorn seemingly fused to your neck...

Ritek apparantly is the brand to beat, however you must at least step up to some TDK's or even perhaps SONY can handle making a decent media?

3. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

Contrare mon frare,
    Verbatim are hands down the best DVD media, however they are cost prohibitive. Ritek are the best $/quality disc you are going to find. www.meritline.com and have a ball. Just remember 4X discs burned at 1X.

The general rule of thumb is 50% of your lowest speed hardware. IE if your discs are 2X and your burner a 4X then burn at 1X. If your discs are 8X and your burner 4X then burn at 2X. however, i find you get longer lasting discs burned at 25%.

The one, the only, the ludi