1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting avi files!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlrm365, Mar 12, 2005.

1. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

I made a little mistake with some pre afterdawn editing.

The result is I now have one avi with a few seconds of the beginning of the second avi on the end of the first, with it also obviously being at the beginning of the second.

This poses a problem, because I no longer want them seperate and would instead prefer them joined. How can I shave fractions of seconds off the end of an avi file?

Which software should I use and how should it be used?

Also, for future reference, is there a piece of software which can cut out bad little bits in the middle of an avi and then pull the two halves on either side together? I realise this would mean a skip-like effect but to leave the section in would be worse!

I have seen lots of software suggested but I would prefer a simple filter for VirtualDub if one is known or a very simple other piece of software, as I prefer to streamline.

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

google for it!!!!!!

3. jlrm365

jlrm365 Regular member

It's quite simple really. Someone sent me the answer on another forum.

Apend the other avi, press the home key where you want to mark the start of the cut, the end key where you want to mark the end of the cut and the delete key to make the cut.

It seems to work well enough.