1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting out certain scense BEFORE burning?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gdarko, Jan 16, 2005.

1. gdarko

gdarko Member

Okay, the thing is I have a good film I'd like to burn and show somebody. The film is great and I know a few people who would like it, except for one thing in the movie I know they would find offensive.

There's a scene with drug use in it, the people i am wanting to show refuse to watch anything involving drugs or sex but the film I want them to see only has one single scene that spoils a perfectly good film.

I wanted to know, is it possible to cut out that certain scene before burning it to disc?

I know the film wouldn't be any different if the scene was cut out, the drug use has nothing to do with the story or anything.

help!

thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

DVD Shrink can cut out scenes. Use the start/end chapter select feature.
    You isolate the first part of the movie, up to the point that the scene you want removed begins. Back this portion up to your hard drive. Do the same thing with the section of movie that comes after the scene. Once thats done, just find the first part, drag it into the re-author window along with the second part. Make sure the first part is above the second part. When you back up this compilation, the scene will be missing.

You can find this feature in the Re-author window. Click on the two opposing blue arrows to open it.

Cheers,
    Frank

3. gdarko

gdarko Member

thanks alot! I will try that, and sorry I took so long to reply.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

5. gdarko

gdarko Member

i just downloaded dvd shrink 2.3 and when I go to "open file" none of my movies turn up. So I click "all files" in the roll down menu instead of 'dvd navagation files [ifo]' and when I finally find my movie files, I click on the one I want to use and it says "INVALID IFO FILE NAME"

How can I stop this, so that I can use any of my movie files?

thanks.

6. gdarko

gdarko Member

oh i forgot to mention, the film i want to take scenes out of was downloaded from the internet. Its not a dvd i actually have, it was downloaded and I want to burn it from the file with those scenes missing.