1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Out Parts Of VOB Files.

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by lufcfan1, Jan 18, 2003.

1. lufcfan1

lufcfan1 Member

OK, here's the problem. I want to backup one of my DVD's namely Meet The Parents as it has quite a bad scratch so I want to protect it. I have done this sort of thing before. Here is what I normally do:

1. I ripped the files of the disc with DVD Decryptor
    2. I found which files I need with PowerDVD and check the VOB and Cell ID's with DVD2AVI.
    3. I load up IFOEdit and encode the new IFO and BUP files accordingly.
    4. Burn to DVD with Prassi Primo DVD - and it works PERFECTLY!

The only problem is, even after the ripping process, it was still too big! There was a credit VOB at the end which was about 150MB long so I removed that and re-encoded but the film was still 13MB too big to fit on the DVD disc and I have approx. 40-50 seconds of credits at the end of the movie,

So what I want to do is get a program which will enable me to cut off the credits at the end of the film and thus the 13MB will disappear too. I would then be able to encode these in IFOEdit and burn with Prassi. I have already tried Jummpa's program but all I get is about 50 VOB files extra and I don't know how to merge them back into a replacement VOB file. Any help you could give me would be great...

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

i wrote a little guide on this issue.

www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134412

cuts it down to frame you want it to stop.
    hope it helps.

thingimijig.