1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting parts out of an AVI DivX file and then re-encoding the file to exactly the same format.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Powa, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Powa

Powa Regular member

Hi,

I've had trouble finding a simple programme that can cut certain parts out of an avi movie (credits etc) so it will fit onto a 700mb cd.

Once I've done my editing, I want to have the programme compress the audio and video to exactly what it was in the original avi file.

I have Adobe Premiere 6, DivX bundle 5.03. Adobe doesn't seem to want to compress the audio into MPEG-3 like it is in the avi/divx.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

VirtualDUB. Make a selection of the video without the credits, click video - direct stream copy, click audio - direct stream copy, click file - save avi!

3. Powa

Powa Regular member

Thanks Dela! If I'd known it was that easy I coulda saved myself 2 weeks of hassle trying to download various video editing programmes!

So in conclusion I found that: Adobe Premiere, movie x one, acd video magic, video edit magic, videomach are all not worth the money you can pay for them!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

A lot of them arent worth it i know!!