1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting Sections of Video / Video Size Question

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by thakd0gg, Oct 25, 2004.

1. thakd0gg

thakd0gg Member

1) What is the best program to use for cutting sections of video out of a full movie?

2) I am using Adobe Premier to create a video out of the sections of video I'm cutting out. I see all these good quality/resolution vids (about 4 mins long) that people make and they're only about 20-30 mb large. My question is, what file type do they save their movies as to make them this size because mine always turn out to be 50-200 mb large.

I've been looking for the answer to these questions for a long time, and hopefully, someone at these forums can help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]HEY HEY!! huhuhuhu ha aa a[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. thakd0gg

thakd0gg Member

3. stardust

stardust Regular member

AVI = VirtualDub

MPG = 'Womble MPEG-VCR' or 'TMPGEnc MPEG Editor'
    Also VirtualDubMod for cutting sections of mpeg, but you can only save it to avi.

See the file extensions. Compressed to mpeg (.mpg) or compressed to .avi by using codec like divx, xvid.. Run the latest version of GSpot and learn how these files had been compressed.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  4. thakd0gg

thakd0gg Member

GSpot tells you what it was compressed with but what is the best program to use for actually compressing the file. Thanks.

5. stardust

stardust Regular member

For example, VirtualDub for capturing avi with divx or xvid or whatever codec for compression. TMPGEnc for converting avi to mpeg.