1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting/Shrinking Movie

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GBizzle, Oct 8, 2004.

1. GBizzle

GBizzle Member

hi..

i dunno if im posting this in the right section or not but i have a movie i want to burn and when i try to burn it as a vcd on a cd-r im 10seconds over the 80 min limit, nero wont let me burn it like that... i dont care if i lost the last 10 seconds cuz its just the credits anyways.. ive tried using easy movie cutter and it worked but the quality jus came out really crappy.. does anybody know what i can use to burn this?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I'm starting to cut-and-past the same advices because you go on doing the same mistakes...don't you read the 'sticky' threads?

(cut-and-paste)
    Again, Nero...
    forget everything you know about Nero and use the "100% working method to make a VCD" ('sticky' thread), please.
    I find Nero an excellent program for burning .WAV/.MP3 files on audio CDs, for data CDs (also multisession ones), but useless when it deals with protected CDs or VCDs.
    This was simply my opinion, but when I read millions of posts dealing with Nero's problems I never had using my method, this became my philosophy, my belief.
    (end of cut-and paste)

If you simply re-encode the movie with TMPGenc (Settings-->Advenced-->Select Range) (sorry I'm not able to use MPEG Tools-->Merge and Cut, maybe you can do someting also with it, it is faster) you can create a 2nd .MPG file with the beginning/end cut so you can fit the whole movie (apart the useless ending credits) into a 700 MB CD. The maximum .MPEG for a VCD that can fit into a 80' CD made with VCDeasy is 840,960,000 bytes - 10,649,381 for the VCD menus = 830,310,619 bytes (840,960,000 = 360,000 sectors x 2336 bytes/sector. Did you know that a 80' CD is NOT a 700 MB CD except for DATA CDs, that is 360,000 sectors x 2048 bytes/sector)?

3. mad89

mad89 Member

GBizzle

you could just "overburn" on your cdr using nero...
    on nero 6 (using nero burning rom, not nero express) its:

file > preferences > expert features

then tick to box saying "enable overburn disc-at-once"... after ticking to box type in the time that you want it to overburn to (e.g. 82min 25sec, or in your case, 80min 12sec)(when overburning you should add in an extra 2secs)...

then click OK...

the bar at the bottom of the screen that tells you how long to go on the disc should be slightly bigger (since you have made the changes) to allow for your bigger movie...

then just add in your movie file and voila... click burn!

NOTE: if you want to disable the overburn feature after you have burnt your disc follw the same steps and untick the box, or type in 80min 00sec... click OK

ALSO NOTE: if you are using nero express and not nero burning rom, get back to me and i can give you the steps to do it using nero express...

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes, I forgot. If your burner allows you to overburn, you can do that.