1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting songs to make them into tracks

Discussion in 'Audio' started by xxnonamex, Apr 24, 2005.

1. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

How can I make a mix that is 60min long into seperate tracks? Thanks

2. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  3. bennywk

bennywk Member

Try to use software like Audacity, and MP3DirectCut, they are easy to use, easy to find, clean and free.

Hope this help.

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I use Audacity when I want to make tracks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  5. ripdox

ripdox Guest

6. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I tried Nero for some reason it is hard to do i want to be able to play it and split it where I think it should be split and with nero it is a lil hard. Audacity I can't figure out how to make tracks?

7. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I wrote a so-so how-to on doing it with Audacity and it's hard only because I don't know how to use the split track function - if anybody knows how to do this let me know, please.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/181385

with Nero Wave Editor it's very easy. import your audio, insert the track splits (don't forget one at the beginning for track one) then save tracks as files. I did this with techno music, you've got it easy if there's actual pauses. I don't know how you can say this is hard?

Ok, I see you have a 60 min mix so that might make it hard. I did mine by looking up the track durations and doing some calculations with Excel to find out where to put the splits - but honestly, I could have put them anywhere I was being a perfectionist

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  8. ripdox

ripdox Guest

9. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

yeah, ripdox, if you go to edit, I think there's a "track split" function but it's always grayed out when I go to it. If somebody can find out how to do this, like I said, let me know. I'm trying to find out how to do it with Audacity because it's the freebie prog.

yeah, and you can use the zoom function to get a closer look at the audio levels and in turn, not have to be so precise.

10. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

oh, I just looked up how to use the split function and it's not the same as Nero. If I wanted it I might invest in an earlier version of Nero for Wave Editor because they're freakin' cheap.

11. lendlice

lendlice Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2008
  12. bennywk

bennywk Member

Audacity carries more functions than just splitting track, you can do fade in fade out, bass, echo...many many things you can do. If you only want to cut out a portion from a big mp3 file, you simply highlight the part you don't want and hit delete, then you can save whatever left as a track.

On the other hand, if you want to divide a long mp3 (let's say the whole album on one mp3) into many tracks at one time, I would suggest you to use mp3DirectCut, which has a function called Silence detection under Edit, which will locate where the empty spaces between tracks are, then you can choose the option "save split" under File. The tracks (track01, track02, track03....) will then save to whatever folder you point to, in the original sequence according to the big mp3 file.

Hope this help.

13. bennywk

bennywk Member

Forgot to mention about mp3DirectCut, except that silence detection function, you can also manually locate your cursor on the place where you want to divide and hit the "Cut" at the lower left corner. If you cancel that cut, you can hit the "Edit" button.

14. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Track slipting with Audacity is easy. Just make sure that you zoom in a loot on the sound wav for more accuracy!

15. retro78

retro78 Member

*lurking*

thanks you guys!!
    you've helped me alot!