1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CVD to DVD Burn Problem...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Bellaire, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Bellaire

Bellaire Member

It seems that no software that I have " Nero 6, MYDVD4.5, Premier Pro, enen Pinnacle Impression", will burn using the CVD format... How can I burn to DVD and what software will do this... I also looked for a non-compliant button but can't find it either... I believe that all these programs want a DV file to convert...I'm trying to convert over 100 home/taped videos...Help..Thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What exactly is CVD?

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I understand now. It seems that CVD has been redundant for some time but is very similar to SVCD. It's true that most editing suites will not support CVD but will support SCVD. You should check out the software section of this site or do a search with google.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I use CVD resolution for my miniDVD authoring in DVD-Lab. Is that what you're trying to do or are you trying to make an actual CVD and just burn it to a DVD?

5. Bellaire

Bellaire Member

I'm trying to save all my home videos to hard drives, but due to CVD being DVD legal or compliant I thought I'd burn 4 cvd's based on 1 gig each and also 4 hours 2500 KBS. But this is where i'm having the problem... Burning "AS" a DVD....

6. vurbal

DVD-Lab recognizes 352x480 as DVD compliant. If you're working in NTSC you also should demux the MPA audio. You should be using either a Wave or AC3 file for compliant audio. DVD-Lab can demux and convert to wave for you when it imports. If you're not worried about the sound being compliant, you can also keep the MPA sound.

You can download a fully functional 30 day trial and try it out for yourself.
    http://www.mediachance.com/download.htm

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

CVD is a Format used in Most Editing Programs But it isn"t Called CVD, This Standard is called "Half D1" which is a Fully Compliant DVD resolution and allmost any DVD authoring program should support this Resolution without a Problem, These are the Valid NTSC DVD Standards..

720+480-(Full D1)
    704+480-(Broadcast D1)
    352+480-(Half D1)
    352+240-(SIF)

Cheers

8. vurbal

Actually CVD is a format similar to SVCD, but with Half D1 resolution. I believe it stands for China Video Disc. I didn't start playing around with Half D1 resolution until I started using DVD-Lab, so I don't have any idea which other authoring programs support it, but I wouldn't assume anything. 24/96 LPCM sound is also part of the DVD standard, but that doesn't mean all authoring programs support it.

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Accept that PCM audio is Totally Obsolete on DVD"s Because of it"s Huge File size, But every DVD authoring that Has any Balls Will Support Wav/PCM ,AC3 and MP2 and supports all of the DVD Format resolutions...Actually most all of the DVD authoring Programs I own support all DVD resolutions and Audio formats..

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The chances of finding LPCM on a DVD is very slim since quailty of image is the important aspect, not sound. However, I did come across it in one DVD i did and DVD Shrink recognised it for what it was.