1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CYBERHOME DVD+-R/RW,+R DL,CD DRIVE MODEL #DX162D

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by uzmeplz, Jan 28, 2005.

1. uzmeplz

uzmeplz Guest

Hello all.My ? is if anybody has the cyberhome model DX162D drive or knows how good it is.Reason of asking is becuse i can pick one up cheap.Comes with nero 6.3 full version.Under 75 bucks!Becuse if i can pick up a 16x dual layer dvd-r with multi-session for under 75 bucks.you gota check it out!Please post any comments you may have,so i can make the wright choice.Thanks!
    shane

2. havingfun

havingfun Member

I bought the Cyberhome DL dvd writer about a month ago. Initially I had a problem with burning on anything but after firmware upgrade, this writer has been working without any problems. Although there was one other guy who bought this drive still have lots of problems burning properly that I know of. I can definitely recommend this writer based on my experience but other people did had problems with this drive. Make sure you upgrade your firmware from their website to give it try. Hope it works for you.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  3. beaker515

beaker515 Member

just a heads up on this drive, I have been trying to get anything to burn on it and haven't succeded. It gets about 95% through and then fails when it tries to close the disk. I have updated the firmware to 130F and no luck. I updated my ASPI to the latest Adaptec version and nothing. Using Verbatim +R dvds and TDK +R and neither works. I'm about to return the damn thing, it's been 2 weeks and I've made about 15 coasters so far with no successes.