1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle redundancy check cause cheap discs

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Duckz, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Duckz

Duckz Member

I have this problem that i found out all my DVD's are burned on poor quality discs so i want to copy them all over on new and better discs. But I can't copy it from the DVD to my computer because it says error in one of the VOB files or redundancy check error, I can see them without problems on my computer (but not in my DVD player because it won't read the bad discs). I've tried to copy with Windows DOS prompt, Normal Windows copy, UltraFXP (FTP client), normal copy on MAC OS X 10.3 Tiger, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and CloneDVD2 but they won't copy that file :(
    There must be a solution because I can see the movies without problems in PowerDVD.

2. DigitalSk

DigitalSk Regular member

What Kind of blank DVD R U Using ?

Sup!
    Dan

3. viddy

viddy Member

Are these 'poor quality discs' backups? If so, with what proggy were they encoded? If they are not encrypted, my first choice would be NERO (6.0) Express.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  4. viddy

viddy Member

@DigitalSK

Dan, I've heard people rave about Taiyo Yuden, Ritek/Ridata and Verbatim.
    I've been burning Sony (+8X) because they were available locally for $0.40 USD. To date, I've burned about 30 movies with them and they playback flawlessly on my Aiwa set top. What have you tried?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  5. Duckz

Duckz Member

[bold]DigitalSk:[/bold]
    http://www.nierle1.com/s01.php?sid=...39610351343&cur=dkr&sp=dk&ag=1&pp=aa&bnr=2372

[bold]viddy:[/bold]
    Yes they're backups, whats "proggy"? Program? I've used DVD Shrink and then CloneDVD2 to remove the extra stuff (to keep the quality)