1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Redundancy Error on DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lopedl, Jan 17, 2004.

1. lopedl

lopedl Member

Has anyone encountered the error message "Cycle redundancy" while using dvd shrink. I have currently used both applications to record some dvd's and specific cd's come up with this error about the middle stages of compression. Now I know their isn't a protection on these disks because my friend was able to burn them just fine and he is using the exact same reader and burner (liteon) as I. I was wondering if anyone new of a fix, or a solution to this problem. I have so far successfully backed up about 20 of my dvds, so I know I am doing everything appropriately.

2. brent1a

brent1a Member

It's happened to me twice before. I believe it's simply if the disc is scratched or corrupted in any way. I had one dvd where it showed up but I think my dvd drive just lagged for a second. I didn't think anything of it but I tried ripping a movie the other night and it happened non-stop. I pulled out the dvd and it was scratched a bit so I watched it and it was in BAD condition. Took it back to my friend and told him to throw it out. So my advice is to check your cd's and see if and how bad your scratched are.

3. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

Try giving the disk a real good clean with a soft cloth and some lense cleaner or windowlene. Some scratches may not actualy cause the fault, but the grease and crap that gets in there can.
    Good luck!