1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle redundence error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Freeze11, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Freeze11

Freeze11 Guest

I origonally had just DVD shrink and DVD decryptor and had minimal problems. But resently I downloaded nero and i have had problems when opening the disk with skrink saying cycle redundence error. What should I do, would AnyDVD be the best choice for me?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

CRC error can mean either the disc is dirty, scratched bad press or Shrink can't handle the copy protection.
    So try cleaning off the back of the disc w/ something non abrasive.

Which movie(s) give you this error?

Another option that's free is DVDFab Decrypter - link.

You can rip with that then open in Shrink or Nero's recode.

3. Freeze11

Freeze11 Guest

The movies that have doen this are Two for the money, American history X, insideman, and wedding crashers. Ill try cleaning them and see what happens.

4. binkie7

All but Inside Man Shrink should be able to handle.

That one rip w/ DVDFab Decrypter 1st then use Shrink. But if you still get the error on the rest - use DVDFab. Does a better job ripping the less than perfect ones.

If you have another drive - try that one 2 - some are better at ripping 'bad' spots then others.

5. Freeze11

Freeze11 Guest

DVDfab works. Good work on the info u were a big help.

6. binkie7

Not a problem Freeze11

Glad DVDFab did the trick for you.

Happy Burning!

7. SilverDr

SilverDr Member

Hi,

Rather than start a new thread and without the intention of hijacking this thread, I figured I would add here. I'm getting the same error trying to burn of Pirates of the Carribean 2. I will try cleaning the disc and seeing if it solves the trick. I used a decrypter and I tried copying the files through Nero Vision, (adding files and importing disc) and using recode as well. I got another error message not being able to copy the first file. I will also try the suggestion of DVDfab as well. Thansk for the info in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  8. binkie7

Hi SilverDr
    Pirates 2 has MacroVision's Ripguard on it so decrypter I don't think can handle this one but DVDFab will. So that could be the reason for the error message from Recode.

Give the suggestions a go and let us know.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

SilverDr- Cleaning Your Disc is Very important !- Sometimes you can Get By without doing it ( new disc ) But It's easier to Just Do It ! as they say in the Nike Shoe commercial! There are many Cleaning Gadgets , Cloths , Machines on the market . I prefer the radial Type ! manual Disc Cleaners . There are many that are on the market but The one I use and prefer is The RCA/ Discwasher unit - I found at Big lots Stores $4.99+tax It Has The Felt? or whatever material that they use cleaning Pad that looks like an O or a Round washer ? This is the kind you want The Others I Have tried ( Kinyo & Maxell ) both have a semicircular Cleaning pad ( looks like a Tap they put on your heel) and I find that they scratch your disc ! where the RCA/Discwasher unit does not !For Cleaning Solution I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol ! It's cheap & it works ! The manual Cleaners are good because you never need batteries or A/C power Just a little effort ! Cleaning your disc can eliminate most CRC errors but maybe not all ? But it;s still a good Idea Because it Prevents debris from your Disc from getting into your dvd Burner or Drive ! Also Listen to Binkie7 She is very Nice and also Very Knowledgeable about many Things Dvd-wise and she won't stear you wrong ! hope this helps a little Good luck SilverDr ! & Happy Burning !!!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  10. binkie7

Hey BIGTOXY69
    Great tips and advice!!

(txs fro the nice words too!)

Have a good one!

11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I would put Ripit4me and FixVTS in the burn combos if your having troubles they are doing pretty darn good job, I think they are doing better than the Anydvd, Shrink, DVD Decrypter combo

12. SilverDr

SilverDr Member

Hi all and thanks for all the help and suggestions. I tried cleaning the disc first and proceeding as I normally would. Still got the same error message. Was previously using DVD43 so the sext step was to try DVDFab Decrypter. It worked well without any issues accept the human ones from my side learning how the program does things. I burned about 15 minutes of nothing, but the movie did come out very well. Again thanks so very much for all your help and suggestions!

13. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

DVD 43 dose not update very fast I have not used them for over a year not since I replaced the background runner to AnyDVD

14. binkie7

You're welcome SilverDr

Turn off DVD43 when running DVDFab Decrypter. DVD43 has been known to cause conflicts w/ prgrams liek DVDFab.
    Better would be to just uninstall it.
    Like rbrock said it's not updated very often. DVDFab will handle the newer stuff.

Happy Burning!