1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclic redundancy.. brand spankers disc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by corsapaul, Jan 9, 2007.

1. corsapaul

corsapaul Member

I am new here, and have read other threads on the cyclic redundancy errors but cannot understand why i am getting this??? I got the dvd in question for xmas. Have just opened it so no dirt or scratches AT All. Can open the disc with dvd shrink, but about 5% into encoding stage, it says dvd shrink cannot read files. I attempted to copy just the movie, and this seemed to work, but when played ona standalone, some dont play it. Others, when it loads, before each new scene the screen goes black with the name and number of the scene. Could this be because its a newer disc with more copyright features than others???? HELP!!!

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. corsapaul

corsapaul Member

Cheers bud, try now. How do I burn the files to disc using nero 6? I can find them but not sure how to transfer from HDrive to dvd!

4. onya

onya Guest

@corsapaul, the links that dialysis1 has posted are very good freeware, but to answer your questions.. poor old DVD Shrink can't do everything by it's self, so a decrypter is required to circumvent the css protections etc. The last part of your post reminds me when I first started to copy movies, I used DVD+R media, our old standalone player at the time refused to play them until I used DVD-R media...after that, no probs. One last thing, buy GOOD QUALITY media from the outset. Keep us posted!

Cheers.

5. corsapaul

corsapaul Member

Im usind dvd+r as a lot of my copies have failed and im worried about costs. I cannot suss out how to take the files from my hard drive and put onto disc as playable files tho....

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

If you need a great program for burning your movies, check out ImgBurn. There are guides on the site that will show you many different options this freeware program has to offer.
    http://www.imgburn.com/

7. corsapaul

corsapaul Member

Sorry, I meant +rw

8. onya

onya Guest

So you mean your using RE-WRITABLE discs? Mmmm.... can be expensive, I don't understand the reason why you don't go for -R format discs...heaps cheaper.Yes there is compression of course but UNCHECK language files you don't need etc to get a good result Lastly, open up shrink, click OPEN FILES, then POINT to the file where the movie(s) are kept and press ANALYSIS if need, then press BACKUP.. you will have to SELECT/CREATE another folder to store the encoded files in, that's it..job done. Let shrink
    do the work.

Cheers.

PS:To get better quality results, you can reduce the menu size(usually a substantial size, especially when animated) Use this link for Menu Shrink, it's very good, easy to use from the get go and it's FREE also.Main page has a very good guide.

http://jean.laroche.free.fr/MenuShrink/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  9. corsapaul

corsapaul Member

Thanks for the help everyone, its worked first time! glad there are some people out there who are happy to help out. Paul