1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclic Redundancy Check Error - What is this?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by roguephoe, Apr 26, 2005.

1. roguephoe

roguephoe Member

i keep getting a "cyclic redundancy check" error. what does that mean? anyone? i have the latest CloneDVD and AnyDVD and DVD Shrink, but i still keep getting this error. does this have to do with settings? i've never had this problem before. usually when i upgrade to the latest, i don't have a problem backing up anything. blade trinity is my first problem. hope someone can help me.

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Usually this is from a dirty/scratched unreadable part of the disc

3. roguephoe

roguephoe Member

what if it's a new disc in prestine condition? not a single scratch. what else could cause it?

4. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

It's possible it could be a bad disc. Try ripping with Decrypter 3.5.4.0

5. roguephoe

roguephoe Member

got decrypter as well and it stopped or at least it wasn't doing anything around 50%. the thing is that it plays on just dvd mode. well, at least i think it does. i skipped from chapter to chapter and was able to get to the end. if it was a bad disc, would i still been able to play parts of the movie to the end? i've never encountered such an error so i don't know what to do. i have the latest of clonedvd, anydvd, dvd shrink, and decrypter. every single one craps out from 50% to 75%. each time i get the "cyclic redudnancy check" error and it asks me to wipe the dvd clean. it's very clean and scratch free. has anyone encountered this? i'm trying to copy blade trinity by the way.

EDIT: ok, i tried copying the bonus disc, and got not a single error whatsoever. no problems, no nothing. now i'm baffled. if they'd copy protect a movie, wouldn't they do it for both discs? is this "cyclic redundancy check" thing a copy protection method?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  6. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

I read other people are having no problems with this movie. If you can do other movies with no problems the only thing left is the disc. Just because you can't see any damage dosen't mean the disc isn't corrupt in some way

7. sbrryhll

sbrryhll Member

I am having the same problem with Blade Trinity Disc 1. My Disc is brand new as well and I can't seem to back it up. I receieve the same cyclic redundancy error. I have even tried DVD Decrypter and it stalls at VOB 1.04. Does anybody have any idea as to how to overcome this problem. I've used AnyDVD, Decrypter, DVDShrink, & DVD X Copy Platinumn and they all have failed.

8. olflorida

olflorida Member

I had the same error message with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, so I tried Super DVD Copy and copied Video_TS file to my hard disk, then used DVD Shrink to make the backup. The DVD works just fine. I then usually use DrDivX to make a an AVI file. Unfortunately, the audio is out of sync. First time this has happened to me. Any suggestions without having to have a degree in AV?

9. gamename

gamename Regular member

its in the disc. get another copy.

10. olflorida

olflorida Member

Turns out it wasn’t the DVD disc. Instead of DrDivX, I used "DVD to AVI DivX MPEG Ripper v2.55" by DVDVideoTool to make the AVI file. Voice and video now in sinc. I'm having a little trouble adjusting the file size, though. I tried to configure the DivX 5.21 Codec by playing with the settings in the Bitrate Calculator, but that doesn't make the AVI small enough. Any suggestions?