1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyclic redundancy check

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by johnarb, Apr 15, 2005.

1. johnarb

johnarb Member

i burn movies using dvd 43 and dvd shrink. With house of flying daggers it didn't work though. Dvd 43 worked fine. BUt before dvd shrink could even analyze the whole movie it stops and an error pops up saying "Data error (cyclic redundancy check). I have burned quite a bit of movies but i have never seen this before. I tried doing it more than once but the error kept popping up in the exact same spot, at %35.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well I would have to assume that dvdshrink encountered a read issue, maybe due to dirty/scratched disc.

Give oive it a clean and see if it goes through again, failing that it waybe worthwhile locating another disc and trying that..................

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

DVD43 no workie. You need the latest copy of ANYDVD. I used ICOPYDVDs and it wouldn't burn.

Run Gamejack for ripping and burning. Works like a champ.

4. mfmtonyv

mfmtonyv Guest

Usually the message "cyclic redundancy check" is due to a dirty, scratched or damaged -because of its poor quality-disk. But this is not the case here.
    Djraise is right. DVD43 can't do the job here.
    Put AnyDVD to work and you're done.
    Don't forget to deactivate DVD43 before you run AnyDVD. Then try to rip with Shrink or -if Shrink still doesn't work- try DVDdecrypter.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2005