1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclic Redundancy Error... Always?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cucuzza, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cucuzza

cucuzza Member

Hello,

Whenever I try to back up discs using ANY program, I always get a CRC error with it. I've tried the following programs:

- DVD Decrypter 3.5.4
    - DVD Fab Decrypter
    - DVD Shrink
    - RipIt4Me
    - AnyDVD
    - CloneDVD
    - Alcohol 120%

I checked the discs; they are all clean, no smudges, and no scratches. These are store-bought DVDs I would like to back up and I don't see how all store-bought DVDs have errors on them. I understand one or two, but not all. Currently, I am trying to back up my season box sets of 24. This same error, however, happens with any DVD I use. I always get "Failed to Read: Cyclic Redundancy Check". Any program I use, it always stops copying or ripping at anywhere in the range of 51%-54% complete. I've updated my firmware from my LiteON DVDRW SOHW-802S to LiteON DVDRW SOHW-832S this past summer. Could these errors be a result from this update? I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I used to use DVD Shrink with no problem on any disc at it worked. Here are screenshots of my settings for DVD Decrypter:

http://www.thecucuzza.com/pics/

Does anyone have any suggestions? Can someone help?

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Sounds like your burner/reader may be failing....

3. cucuzza

cucuzza Member

How so? I don't have any problems with any other burner processes...

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

You said it failed with all the other programs, therefore bad burner or, all bad DVDs. Your choice.....

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

is all movies doing this or just the same one ? and it could be dirty or scratched if its the same disc