1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclical Redundancy Error while ripping dvd movie

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by sting.ray, Jan 4, 2005.

1. sting.ray

sting.ray Member

I have been trying to rip Van Helsing onto my hdd but like some other dvds that I have tried I get the 'cyclical redundancy error'. The disk is brand new so there are no scratches, definitely not a bad disk issue.

I have all the software programs that I know of including DVDRegion + CSS Free, AnyDVD4112, CloneDVD2, DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink but nothing seems to work. I suspect it's the 'macrovision protection' on the dvd which I thought these programs were suppose to remove.

Can someone out there help me with a definitive answer to this problem?

Am I using the wrong tools?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

There are new versions of both DVD Decrypter and anyDVD available. These will probably solve your problem unless it's a disk defect.

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You can get crc error with factory discs too!

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi sting-ray, there is a new type encryption being use since about December but I don't know if Van Helsing has it or not. The new version of DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD listed in the above posts are upgraded to remove this new protection. Either one should do the job.

Jerry

5. mblue

mblue Guest

update decrypter if that doesn't work do what I do and rent the movie and back it up it should still be legal since you bought the movie and it was bad or something (just remember I'm no lawyer).

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Renting the movie will be of no help. All the original movie discs are pressed from a master copy. They are not burned like a backup. So it doesn't matter if purchased or rented the new protection will be on it.

Jerry

7. mblue

mblue Guest

This is very true, but was not my reason for the idea. There can be minor problems with his copy that doesn't prevent it from playing, but may perhaps give those errors when attempting to back it up. I have had the problem once when I bought Matrix Rev. and tried to back it up.