1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclical redundancy error.

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Lucas439, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Lucas439

Lucas439 Member

I am trying to back up my copy of the movie 'crackerjack' (most of you probably havent heard of it, but its a good movie) but im just having no luck.

in dvd shrink i keep getting a 'cyclical redundency error' which basically ends the encoding process. This error did occur during the analysing stage until installed Anydvd, but all ive done is let it run un the background. Theres no big red button to push so i assume thats all the program does.

In dvd decryptor i get this message

I/O error

device: my device

scsi status: 0x02
    interpretation: check condition

CDB: blah blah blah
    interpretation: read (10)- sector (57912)

Sense area: blah blah blah
    interpretation: L-EC uncorrectable error.

Ive read through other posts and tht on this site and others but none of them have worked/been feasable.

the only thing i can think of is the disk is a dud, but it plays fine in my player. it has some light scratching but ive backed up worse.

If youve encountered this problem before, in DVD shrink most likely as i doubt people would remember an error like the one for dvd decryptor, please help me out!

2. reed27

reed27 Member

try downloading free trial of 'Any DVD'

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Thats usually why you get that error

4. Lucas439

Lucas439 Member

I downloaded any dvd, i start it up and it runs in the background which i asume it should. Then i try using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter - both will not work.

tell me if im doing something wrong..

5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Get dvdinfopro and do a crc read error check on the dvd.

The fact that it plays in you player doesn't mean that you are going to be able to copy it. Dvd players can skip over crc errors, often without you noticing if they are minor and you aren't paying attention. But programs which copy files from a dvd are not as forgiving when they encounter crc errors.

Also, you might try this: in dvd decrypter there is a option in Tools-->Options-->I/O to "ignore read errors." I've never used it, and don't know what the quality of the result will be, but it cannot hurt to try it.

6. Lucas439

Lucas439 Member

Thx, ill get it and try it out. Also ill post after i try 'skip errors' in decrypter.