1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclowiz install help - solder pad came off

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xer0, Jul 1, 2007.

1. xer0

xer0 Member

Hey guys,

I started soldering in my cyclowiz today, and everything was going well until my solder pad came off the trace....what should i do? I got it to stick back but it came off again, and I dont think its possible to solder to that trace. Theres no solder left in that area so you cant solder to anything, you cant just add solder there and connect it that way can you?

Thanks for your help.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

3. xer0

xer0 Member

those points are absolutely the tiniest things i have ever seen... thats nearly impossible. there is no way to "recover" the pad?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Use the alternat soldering point!

5. xer0

xer0 Member

you are talking about the trace to the chip itself right? because that point is so small! the green point in that diagram is what fell off of mine, the trace to the chip on there is so ridiculously small that it would be close to impossible to solder to that. my soldering tip is the smallest i could find and its bigger than that.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you can't solder to the IC leg then send it in to a modder that can do it for you.

You asked what to do and I told you what to do. If you can't solder to it then have someone else do it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007