1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyclowiz stopped working...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by prmishkin, Feb 24, 2007.

1. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

i had my cyclowiz installed yesterday, by a professional solderer. put my wii back together. first game i tried was call of duty 3, worked fine at first until i got to the actual playable part. then there was a disc error. so i tried elebits, worked great, no trouble at all. that was last night.
    now this morning i burned super swing golf, the wii wouldn't read it. i was confused, i tried putting the elebits disc back in, and that wouldn't read either. nor will COD3 or any other copied game. i just don't know why. all my original discs work just fine. whats's going on here? anyone have any ideas? i'm just stuck without a clue. please help.

2. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

update.
    i've been able to get the elebits working after monkeying around with turning the power off completely, though it's not consistant.

also i forgot to mention that i've been burning on memorex dvd-r's. could this be the problem???

3. tammikm

tammikm Member

I think its the media , I am having the same issues, with dataware dvd's and memorex dvd+r's... I'll try verbatims and see

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

verbatim and some sony's work great memorex has always been cheap junk that is why target and fred meyer sell them

5. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Memorex = Teh Dumpzorz.

Or translation.. Memorez = Crap

6. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

i'm thinking it HAS to be the dvd's. there's no other explanation. weird though. i ordered some taiyo yuden dvd-r's. i hear they are sposed to be like the best, to the extreme. lol. so i guess we'll see what happens. maybe i'll go out and get a small pack of verbatim's just to see if it helps.

7. danharris

danharris Member

Do you worry that Nintendo will ban your system with a future update??

8. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

i do about that, but the chip can be turned off. and the only thing it does is let the disc start up. after that the wii takes control, reads the dvd-r as if it were an original game disc. the chip becomes invisible. so i don't really think there's anything nintendo can do. but you never know. in the end i think hacker's will win.. everything.

9. Tom0303

Tom0303 Member

It's not a media issue, you are playing region patched games. when games are region patched, the WII need's sometimes to be plugged completley. This is a know issue already :)

10. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

hmm luckily my system isnt connected to the net (stupid inability to get broadband where I live). Although that does bring about an interesting thought. I am surprised they haven't made it so if the connection detects a mod chip, it actually locks out your system, so you can't use it at all anymore. Then again, I am not sure they could do that anyhow, because what if the online service mis-detects and then locks out an innocent person.

Well either way, I myself am waiting a little bit to see how the chips hold up and everything.

11. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

actually i'm pretty sure it was the media. i did go out and buy a small pack of verbatims. i burned the same iso's using the same method as before, viola, they all work perfectly. with the exception of call of duty3, which i think is due to a bad iso file.

12. danharris

danharris Member

Are you backing up your own games because it takes about 50+ hours to dump an image of a Wii game at the moment.

13. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

actually, no it doesnt. If you use rawdump (using one of a couple LG drives) it only takes about 2.5-3 hours.

14. danharris

danharris Member

Really? Most people have said it takes about 50+ hours which i thought was way to long...

15. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I think that was using a different method than rawdump. Something about linux or something. Rawdump is supposed to take 3 hours or less.

16. prmishkin

prmishkin Member

yes, i'm backing up games that i own, but i've been downloading the iso's as i have a mac and no way to dump. which is fine, because it only takes about an hour to download a game off newsgroups.

games that i've got to work so far are:
    Elebits
    Super Swing Golf
    Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
    Metal Slug

games that i've tried, but didn't work:
    Call of Duty 3
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2

17. danharris

danharris Member

prmishkin do you have msn or anything as I would like you ask you some stuff about this cyclowiz.

18. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I believe you could probably just ask in this forum ,and your questions would be answered.

19. RickJames

RickJames Member

their might be some sort of a problem...just a hunch...

20. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

I e-mailed team cyclops about banning of acounts when online mine has been online for 3 days so far and nothing, they say that the chip cannot be detected by Nintendo.

So In theory this means that you could use a copyed Online game (when they come out) and go online, although I wont be doing that.

Team cyclops said "100% go for it" when I asked about accounts online.