1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D-Link WBR-2310 and uTorrent issues

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by alecks, Jun 7, 2007.

1. alecks

alecks Member

Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot!!

I'm having alot of troubles with uTorrent and my D-Link router. I'm currently using Network Magic as my network manager, and I have various computers/systems logged onto our Router. (3 PCs, 2 Laptops, A Nintendo DS, and my Nintendo Wii.) Not too sure if that matters, but I want to explain EVERYTHING.

the problem I'm having is with Port Forwarding. I try forwarding the ports, but uTorrent says they're still closed, and for that, I'm unable to seed, which can be a problem when you're signed up with certain torrent trackers.

I've gotten help from MANY people who've tried to explain how to do it, and said it should be working, but it's still not opened (the port, that is.)

I was hoping maybe you guys could share some tips with me, and help me out a bit. :)

Thanks in Advance.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. alecks

alecks Member

Thanks, sorry about that. Anyway, does anyone know what might be going on, or have any ideas? Thanks again.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Could be your router is assigning you a new ip address each time you start and also if you set it static so it can't change, it still could be wrong if you used the address you saw anywhere but ipconfig/all. Every site has the same address for me but they're all wrong except ipconfig/all.

5. alecks

alecks Member

Well I'm using the address from ipconfig, 'cause I have the same issue. (Every site says the wrong IP. :p)

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

You probably have but double check that all your settings were entered correctly and use a port over 10,000 that isn't the default. Don't know otherwise.

7. alecks

alecks Member

I've done that many times, and my port is over 10,000. It's like, 16320, or something, I don't know. Anyway.. thanks anyways, I appreciate it.

8. gerryHer

gerryHer Member

just use the DMZ mode on the router and open all ports for the computer.