1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D@mn read errors

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dasystem, Jun 11, 2004.

1. dasystem

dasystem Member

Somebody help I'm a newbie here but I have succesfully backuped up a number of my ps2 games, recently i have had problems using my alcohol 120%, you see at first I would make an image then close to the end it would say not complete READ ERROR, but then i just checked ignore errors so I just figured that the read errors were just dummy files for cd protection, anyhow, that works when it finally finishes i have a successful backup but the problem is WHEN it finishes, I backed up Fugitive Hunter: war on Terror last night and it took approx. 8 hours to read the image from 90% complete now, but it worked now I am tryin to back up NFSU (need for speed underground0 and its read erroring at 67% which will make it longer, THE QUESTIONS IS:
    1) am I right about those being dummy files?
    2) is there a way that I can bypass those and backup quicker?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it appears that your dvd drive is struggling to read your source discs as i backed up NFS underground with record now max without a single read error try and make sure that there are no bad scratches or fingerprints on your orignal,give them a good clean also you could try using your dvd writer as the reader and see if you still get errors when reading the source disc

3. dasystem

dasystem Member

thanx not needed now but thanx neway

4. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

If any disc read errors come about, I highly recommend cleaning your PS2 laser. Should solve the problem.

5. dasystem

dasystem Member

that has been handled i meant while writing the image file onto my harddrive

6. dasystem

dasystem Member

is their an easier way to play my already burned backups online than reburning them with a patch?