1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2b chip set Question/ First time Modder/wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Butt101, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Butt101

Butt101 Regular member

Ok so im a total newb in modding, im planning to mod my wii with a wiikey(first time ever handling a soldering iron) i did a serial number check and i gess i have the D2b chip set in my wii. If i was to buy a wiikey would it work correctly in my wii? Also i have been reading alot of horror stories about people and their firmware totally messing up with Super Mario Galaxy. Should i be concerned, i know AD has a huge amount of info but its very scattered. I was hoping that some professionals could help a curious newb in need? :)

2. Emjei2k

Emjei2k Regular member

Wiikey will work fine. I never had problem with it, not even with SMG with the 1.9g firmware. As for soldering for your 1st time, I think youd better of getting someone with experience to do it. You have no idea how little space youll have to work on. ESPECIALLY if you have 3 cut legs, its VERY VERY SMALL Space. Easy to mess up. If you decide to try, good luck !

3. Butt101

Butt101 Regular member

Thanks alot for the feedback ... i think ill have a go at the soldering .. besides ill give a lil practice on some old mobo laying around, whats the worst that could happen?

4. Emjei2k

Emjei2k Regular member

Worst ? Well you can mess up the Wii completely if you mess up soldering. I recommend getting Desoldering Braid. You Will need it.