1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2c Key blown fuse

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by t1mber, Dec 16, 2007.

1. t1mber

t1mber Member

While installing my d2c key i ended up with a wii that would not take the disc in. Due to this site and your kind responces i cleaned all the solder points and was able to get the wii to take the disc. Next problem was that it would not spin the disc. Found that i had blown a fuse that you have to solder too. Don't know how to add pic but i used alternative points by Neoasic. The connection was point X. I put a jumper over the fuse and everything works fine. Is this going to cause a problem should i add a fuse if so what kind of fuse?
    PS i don't recommend this install to anyone with average solding skills. I used a top of the line fine point iron with magnify glass and wish i just paid the 150 bucks to get it done.

2. brido84

brido84 Regular member

This was something that happened, allot when inexperienced people where installing the second generation of mod chips the heat from the soldering iron was blowing them, I think most people just bridged them and got on with it, some started replacing the fuses but it was a nasty job and the fuses where expensive.(If you do just bridge it though it may lead to future damage, and I take no responsibility for it)LOL

Edit
    Just found the original thread with the repair from when people first done this.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=50528

they seem to be buying replacement fuses near the end.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007