1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2c newbie questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lucasbuck, Nov 21, 2007.

1. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member

I recently got a premodded system with a D2c chip, but had some questions. It's NTSC by the way.
    1 - Do I need to run any kind of brick blocker on it?
    2 - If I understand correctly, even if it's the same region I shouldn't let an update from from a game? I read I should update from the internet only, but does that mean to connect the WII to wifi and let it update? I figure if it was going to get bricked, it would come from that, so I haven't set up a wifi connection on it.
    3 - Don't know if this is normal. NTSC backups work fine. Originals, it's hit or miss (runs sometimes, I have to reinsert sometimes). It won't run PAL backups at all, says it can't read the disk. I thought it was supposed to be able to.
    Thanks for any help!

2. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

curious as to where you bought yours at?

was it from MCC, NDS?(abbreviated names)

Anyway, as far as i know, you can let your NTSC system update itself via the internet or disc, it doesnt matter EXCEPT FOR super mario galaxy. That has yet to be tested on the D2C to see if it also eventually prevents all discs from working.

3. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member

Mine was from MCC. I asked them these questions, but haven't gotten a response. Any guess on the PAL thing?
    Also, I DID update with Galaxy. The WII works, Galaxy works, but from what you said could doing that brick it on down the road?

4. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

i ordered mine from MCC 10 days ago... still don't have mine yet... Hope i get it!

Anyways, it suppose to play PAL games with ease. I'd keep in touch with this thread for my sake too to see what they tell you.

About SMG, the problems others are having doesn't affect the Wii til about 1-2weeks after the game was first played.

5. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

some research on this modchip suggests that if it refuses to play PAL games that the jp1 needs to be connected..... i think. There are 2 jumpers. I believe it was jp1. In other words, sounds like they may not make it region free by default. I hope that isn't the case though.

6. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member

Thanks, I'll let you know what I find out. If you don't mind, do the same. You might be better at getting a response since you haven't gotten your system yet.

7. lucasbuck

lucasbuck Member

Also, what kind of problems did people have after a week or two? Played mine a week ago and want to keep an eye out.

8. shizzzon

shizzzon Member

People reported that no games will work, not even originals.

I got in touch with MCC, they said they do NOT make the d2c region-free, we must convert pal/jap into ntsc-u format before burning an image.

At least with MCC, we can't brick our wiis with out of region updates... Hopefully