1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2C Wii + Serial numbers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by yorper, Jun 30, 2007.

1. yorper

yorper Member

Does anyone know what the serial numbers of these units will be? I've had my Wii for only just 2 days now.

My serial starts LEH 1247XXXX so i think i've got a pretty new version. I'm just trying to figure out what it may be before opening it up. I don't want to open it up untill there is a chip working for these new units just incase i have one.

I've checked the thread on maxconsole but that seems to be somewhat lacking alot of serials and versions now so it was no help to me what so ever.

Thanks in advance.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I came across a few forums with information on this subject.

One of those forums had a member with a serial# starting off as (LEH 1186) and had a D2C chipset.

But there was another post on another forum that gave this...

(LEH 1195
    France - 21 june 2007
    Chip D2B with Legs)

As you can see the example at the bottom has a D2B chipset but the serial# is higher then the example at the top which is a D2C chipset. So the easiest way to find out what you actually have is to open up the Wii and find out.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  3. yorper

yorper Member

Thing is im not going to open it. That was my entire point of asking if anyone knew by the serial numbers. I'm not planning to potentially void my warrenty for nothing to find i have a D2C especially when there are no chips for this system type yet. When there are chips for it then i'll be happy to open it up :)

Though from the info you gave about serials i think its pretty safe to say i do have a D2C as my serial is substantially higher than both of those.

Thanks.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why is it pretty safe to assume you have the D2C by the above post I gave?

Lowest above Serial# had a D2C chipset
    Highest above Serial# had a D2B chipset.

So evidently it isn't that easy to figure out what Serial Number has what chipset.

Since there is no Void sticker on the Wii itself it would be almost impossible for them to know if you opened the Wii or not. Just be careful when pulling off the stickers that cover the screw holes. It is easy to do this by using a razor blade to slide under the sticker and lift.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007