1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2C???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kevin1925, Dec 16, 2007.

1. kevin1925

kevin1925 Member

Hi i've been looking for a little while now but cannot seem to find an answer to my question. So here goes: I just bought a wii, and using the wii tracker have found that it is most likely a D2C chip. Now i want to install the wiikey. Would my wii be compatible? Secondly i notice that the wiikey site is down so does that mean i should turn to another modchip or is the wiikey still good to use?

Thanks in advance

2. brido84

brido84 Regular member

Right the D2C chip is not compatible with the WiiKey or any of it's counterparts, With the D2C you'll need to use a D2CKey (there is an other chip about to come out by another company).

3. kevin1925

kevin1925 Member

So is this DC2KEY free or something that i have to pay for? Does this mean that i cannot use wiikey no matter what now?

4. brido84

brido84 Regular member

If you have a D2C chipset inside your Wii you cannot use a WiiKey to mod it, you may have one of the few new ones that don't.

D2CKey is the first and I believe at this moment the only available mod chip for Wii containing the D2C chipset, these are chips that need to be purchased and installed just like the WiiKey just allot more complex the install is a 30 wire solution and really needs to be done by a professional.

To find out more Google D2CKey and have a look at there web site resellers and installations.

Look at this thread theres a picture of an install and it's enlarged s everything is smaller and closer together than it looks.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/599874

5. kevin1925

kevin1925 Member

thanks for the info, greatly appreciated

6. brido84

brido84 Regular member

No Worries mate, but I do advise if your not a pro at soldering and it is a D2C chipset then you get a pro to do it.

7. kevin1925

kevin1925 Member

yeah i've spent like 3 hours reading this stuff on a few forums and realized.... very smart choice to get someone to do it so i'm off to the mall tomorrow to get it done. stupid snowstorm kept me indoors today.