1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D2CKey Plays ONLY backup discs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bowsa, Nov 16, 2007.

1. bowsa

bowsa Member

I have been installing Wiikeys and other mod chips in other consoles for a very long time, but this is the first time I have experienced an issue like this.

My first installation of the D2C key went smoothly, and all the connections seem excellent. However the modded system will now only read backup discs, and will not under any circumstances read the original discs. I am baffled as to why.

When installing the D2CKey I did not install the wire for the region override and did not set the jumpers specifically for any region. Could that be the issue?

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

2. SyRenity

SyRenity Member

Hi.

I have the same problem.

Have you managed to resolve it by adding a wire and closing the relevant jumper?

Regards,
    Sy.

3. bowsa

bowsa Member

It appears that setting the region override fixed the problem.

4. SyRenity

SyRenity Member

Thanks for the info.

Sy.

5. DemonI81

DemonI81 Member

i just got a friend that works on micro chips in a high tech lab to install a D2CKey for me, (he's never modded a game system). We didn't do the jumper but did L. No games would play, he set JP1 then original games would play, not backups. So I said f-it for now, I'll play some Mario Galaxy... put the game in, it reads it, check the weather real quick, come out of that and the disc is stuck, not being read. It would't eject, so I finally took it back apart and removed the disc, now the drive is still locked and thinks there's a disc in it.
    Any ideas how I can fix the drive? Any installers in the US around?