1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d2ckey upgradeability?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by selliott1, Nov 17, 2007.

1. selliott1

selliott1 Member

so my new project is to upgrade a d2c wii with the d2ckey. (yes i know it 31 wires!) since i got burned on my 1st wii and had to install a wiikey after I had a wiid. my question is with regard to the upgradeability of the d2ckey. is it upgradeable? if so, will it be by a firmware upgrade via dvd? will the makers of the chip even upgrade or let the chip die like the wiid creators? any thoughts?

thanks!

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

yea probably it is probably the most powerful modchip so far

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

D2Ckey was created by Wiikey. So the same group is responsible for both chips.

I too had a WiiD and screwed my drive up while replacing it with a wiikey and now am stuck with a D2C chipset. I am waiting for either a solderless adapter to come along for the D2CKey or a modchip with less wires. Supposedly their is 1 on the way with only 5 wires. Their website is HERE but not much information yet of it. Just says coming soon.

4. Kouji_San

Kouji_San Guest

What about the FlexPCB? It seems to only need 2 (or 3, region bridge) wires to be soldered onto the DVDboard. And you could quicksolder the D2Ckey onto the FlexPCB instead of the Wii firmware chip.

Ofcourse I can be completly wrong, since I'm just guessing. I can't find anything installation manuals or tutorials on how this badboy is going to be installed... It looks like it "clicks" onto the firmware chip o_O"

Posted about this with lots of question related to what I just stated here in the modchip discusion thread :D