1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D4rk Al3x????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by psplw, Sep 20, 2007.

1. psplw

psplw Guest

i read on psp updates that dark alex's source code has been leaked and that sony has got hold of it does this mean the end off m33??
    hope not :-(

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

It shouldn't, the hold up with 3.71 M33 is because of the leak though.

What Sony did was make the important files larger, so that M33 have a hard time fitting in the extra 1.50 sections and stuff to the firmware. This is because there is only a limited amount of space in flash0 (Where firmware is installed), and they can't fit it all in. (Well, that's as far as my understanding goes)

3. psplw

psplw Guest

ive got 3.71 can i downgrade with pandora ive got the PANDORA BOX GUI does that work i did the memory stick bit and all i have to do now is get a OE, M33, or a 1.50 KERNAL to change my battery and thats it..

ps i asked about dark alex because i thought sony blocked 3.71 from using PANDORA because of the leak!
    i hate sony lol

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No, i don't think it would ever be possible to block pandora through a simple firmware update. It's hardware related.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

i hate them too! burn in ...u no, sony! anyways yeah all u need is a OE..M33..LE...etc... and your good to go and 3.71 is not patched i tried it out myself and the pandora works fine.

EDIT: ahh shokz beat me to it :p

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  6. psplw

psplw Guest

cheers shokz your the best!! lol

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I get a kick out of people saying they hate Sony.

If it wasn't for Sony we wouldn't have anything to install the custom firmware on.

All they are doing is trying to protect there Intellectual Property. Who can blame them for trying to stop modifications being done to the system?

Heck I would think half the fun Dark_Alex and other teams like M33 have is finding ways to crack the new methods Sony tries to implement to protect their Intellectual Property.

8. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

okay well i hate sonys tude towards homebrew then :D come on man soo theyre gonna take over....sony water bottles...sony apples....mac vs pc vs sony :O lol

9. iZAMURAi

iZAMURAi Member

larry gots a good point. If it was legal and they let them do there thing. It wouldnt be as fun for the hackers. Plus, all sony is trying to do is get people to actually buy there games and find a way for them to get what they deserve money wise.