1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D800i HiPhone - iPhone Clone

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by mp3nmp4, Feb 8, 2008.

1. macmante

macmante Member

Wrong-o baby, I have a CECT A988+ (a real quadband) and unless I'm mistaken South Carolina is squarely in the USA and it works just fine on SUNCOM. So your statement that the D800i is the only one that works here is bogus. I do have difficulty with one thing, internet access. Suncom is switching to T-Mobile next month and I have a feeling that once that takes place I will be able to call them and get the correct settings to get that working.

2. frankiie9

frankiie9 Member

Hello everyone i was wondering if someone can help me out. i just purchased one of these "hiphones", model c-002. if someone can please tell me if you can change the picture of the dragon when the phone turns on, to something else? also can you connect to the internet? theres something called wap which i think is the internet browser button but i try to connect and nothing happens. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3. nycarl

nycarl Member

How 'bout the A88, a brand new Chinese I-clone? All the info I've read sez it's Quad-band. Anybody know anything about it? I need that 850 mhz!!!

4. rvgomez

rvgomez Member

i can refer you to this link.

www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6037

5. rvgomez

rvgomez Member

we also have d800i HiPhone here in manila and i can get that for only PhP 7800. However, i am interested in C-002 that guys are talking about. i've searched via goole and it looks the same. it may vary to its features.

i agree that D800i HiPhone is the upgraded version of P168. how about its battery life?

tell me something more about this CECT C-002.

6. macmante

macmante Member

Frankie,

About your C800 HiPhone, WAP is your browser. You must set your phone up to work with your particular service provider's system. If you Google (for example) T-mobile WAP setup, or AT&T WAP setup (use whatever provider name you use for service). You should get hits on the proper settings to make your phone match. If that does not help then I suggest calling your service provider and telling them you are trying to setup your phone for their WAP system. They should be able to help you. They may possibly tell you your HiPhone is not a supported phone. This only means they have no info on your model and cannot "walk" you through it. If they say that then just ask them to tell you what the standard settings are for their system so you can make the settings yourself. It may be helpful to use the info you get from them combined with info you get online. It may be good to Google C800 WAP setup too, just for more model specific menu selections and settings. I hope this helps you!
    Macmante

7. portvila

portvila Member

What third party software can u use on the Hiphone ?

I just bought the Hiphone via Hong Kong - latest clone, but only thing I cannot figure is iof it will allow you to download and use t/p software .I want to use the IM chat progrma Apollo Im, that can e used on the original Iphone. The Hiphone does not show anywhere where applications such as this can be installed. Does anyone know ? Thanks

8. harpua1

harpua1 Member

I just purchased this phone as well. I was told by the wholesaler,s that it will not support "any" 3rd party software. I am not sure if I believe this though. I know from otherphone's I have had messing with the setting's can open thing's up , and this phone will be able to take updates according to the wholesaler/manufacturer. good luck I hope the information I was told is true , and that this gives you a little hope . I also have a blackerry so I use that for gps nav and traffic,but i use the hiphone when I am going to need entertainment.
    As the Blackberry is a nightmare to load media on to the mini sd .
    :)

9. Lunargod

Lunargod Guest

Hiphone C-002 is Iphone wannabe.
    D800i(aka p168+ upgrade) is a Hiphone c-002 wannabe.
    And recembling icons does not make the d800i a 99% clone.
    How about the software d800i has whaaaat? Jerky as p168.
    Still in need of stylus or with you finger nails.
    I admit the hiphone c-002 has its bugs and shit but it still
    is a good phone´. a basic phone that you can call, recieve text message and etc. But it has its limitation cos of its firmware.

Cant use icons as way to argument bro. as far as i concern D800i sucks.

10. fattycat

fattycat Member

okay, we know that some r more partial towards the C-002. I have researched and it is really the ebay (i32) clone. It has a plastic back whereas the d800i has a sturdy metal back. the con of the d800i is that it does not have dual sim. In the US most people are stuck with one service provider anyways... and the i32 does not have dual standby either... feel wise and look wise, the d800i is my favorite.

11. lovin2rip

lovin2rip Member

got my D800i and i love it! all of my friends want one :)

12. toodfrog

toodfrog Member

hiphone d800i is o.k... the m99i miphone is better though as it has wifi and windows mobile...

13. steph2000

steph2000 Member

not sure about 99% anmore maybe a few months back it was, but the m99i miphone seems to be the most functionally rich phone... the d800i hiphone is still a sturdy phone and my friend just bought his second phone as his first got stolen.

14. g8ster

g8ster Guest

the ciphone i99i is the 99% 3G iPhone clone... has java as well and touchflo. still no gps though.

15. papayaone

papayaone Guest

spam removed by loco

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008