1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Da Best CDR's for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jk323, Oct 23, 2003.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

anyone know what brand is the best for burning 1:1 copies of cd based games for the ps2 because i just burned crash bandicoot wrath of cortex at 16x speed using tdk media it worked the first time but is quite loud just like my harry potter game and tekken tag all r 10x louder then burned dvd based games anyone can tell me what brand i should use i dont care if its expensive better to buy better media then buying another ps2 because lazer broke
    using:nec nd 1300a
    tdk cdrs 49x
    fujifulm dvd+r tdk dvd-r and memorex dvd+r4x
    smd's ver.2 with slidecarde
    v7 ps2
    p.s. pleast state what brand are best in a v7 machine

2. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

I dont know if there will be a difference among v7s and other versions, but I use Memorex cd-rs to backup my games and they work just fine. I have a plextor 48\24\48a burner, and a v2 ps2.

3. ljg

ljg Guest

I use Imation CD-R with 24x iomega burner.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I use Sony cd's,but the discs doesn't really matter because you can use a really good disc and it will still make a weird noise when you play it.

5. Woz

Woz Regular member

I use Infiniti white top CD's and only have a problem when I burn them at 48x.

6. mconly

mconly Member

so the CD based games make a weird noise whne you play them? this can't be good for the system!!

7. Woz

Woz Regular member

As they are not the originals the laser is trying harder to read the CD, therefore making more noise. I have had my PS2 chipped for a while and it is fine. If anything is to happen I think the laser would just wear out.

Woz

8. grechy

grechy Guest

I really don't care what cd's I use for cd-r based games, but I like The TDK golds. The noise is totally normal though. Try burning at 4X or lower next time around, this will keep your laser healthy for a good amount of time._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Burner: Pioneer106 dvd burner
    Software: DVD Decryptor
    Mod Chip: Apple chip, V7 ps2
    Media: Verbatim DVD+R
    Specs: 512 DDR, 80 gig hdd, 2.4ghz[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2003